I found about cashew nuts a few years back. I like the taste and I love to use them in my sweets. They also have a lot of benefits. I am not an expert but is good to know.
They are full of anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins. They belong to Brazil. They were brought to India in the 16th century.
- They contain oleic acid which is very good for the heart
- They are cholesterol free
- They contain proanthocyanidis and high copper which help fight against cancerous cells
- They contain magnesium and is good for your bones and blood pressure
- They also contain selenium
- They help your digestion
- They are rich in Vitamins: riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid
- Help you sleep better
- Helps your body to utilize iron properly and eliminate free radicals
- They also protects us from macular degeneration
So, if you are not allergic or have other medical condition, start eating cashew nuts. Once a week eat a few of them and is the first step to a healthy diet.