It is dandelion period. Great for salad or tea, dandelion is one of my favorite green plants in the spring. I like to make tea from fresh leaves or flowers and, also, I dry them so I have them over the winter. My tea recipe is very easy to make. I drink it without sugar or honey, but if you don’t like the taste use it.
- 1 hand fresh leaves
- 200 ml water
- 2 slices of lemon
Place the fresh dandelion leaves in a pot. Add the water and boil for a few seconds. Cover the pot and remove it from the heat. Allow the tea to infuse. You can use fresh flowers too. Serve it with slices of lemon, ginger or slices of orange.
Benefits of dandelion tea:
- It is good for digestion. Helps with mineral absorption.
- Detoxifies the liver.
- Acts as a diuretic. It allows your liver to eliminate toxins.
- Reduces water weight.
- Is packed with Antioxidants.
- Lowers levels of blood sugar.
- Treats UTI.
- Contains anti-cancerous properties.
Before drinking dandelion tea medicinally, discuss it with your doctor.