It’s been 2 months since I stopped eating white sugar. For me is a miracle. I am the person who eats 1 box of chocolate every day or 2-3 pieces of a chocolate cake. Why I stopped? Because I start feeling so bad.
We need sugar, but consuming white sugar in excess is so bad for us. So now, I take my sugar from fruits and I am feeling so good now, lots of energy to play around with my boy.
Naturally occurring sugar—which gives fruit, some veggies, and milk their sweet taste—is perfectly healthy. It is added sugar that we need to not OD on.
It’s not just sugary foods like candy and cookies either, but sugar has made its way into practically EVERYTHING we eat.
When you consume sugar, your body has two options on how to deal with it:
- Burn it for energy.
- Convert to fat and store it in your fat cells.
Depending on your genetic predisposition, your body might be better equipped to process sugar as energy, or you might be more likely to store it as fat.
Effects of Consuming Too Much Sugar:
- It overloads and damages your liver
- It affects your insulin and leptin signaling.
- It causes metabolic dysfunction.
- It increases your uric acid levels.
10 Ways Sugar Harms Your Health
- Increases stress.
- Increases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
- Causes blood glucose to spike and plummet.
- Affects behavior and cognition in children.
- Can cause gum disease, which can lead to heart disease.
- Causes tooth decay.
- Accelerates aging.
- A high-sugar diet often results in chromium deficiency.
- Interferes with immune function.
- Is highly addictive (6 more times than cocaine)