I start blogging in September 2012 and my traffic for 2013 and 2014 was not good at all, as you can see in the image.
I had a few followers and few people saw my posts. After reading about traffic and visitors I manage to get more people reading my blog with just a few steps. So here is something to help you gain more traffic without paying anything:
- Write short posts because people don’t like to get lost in the story. Most of us don’t have time to read thousands of words.
- Read every day other people blogs.
- Try to answer to all your visitors.
- Use links to other posts when is necessary.
- Use Facebook, Pinterest and other social sharing sites to promote your posts.
- Tell beautiful stories.
- Write guest posts for other blogs and have guest posts.
- Try to write a post once a week.
- Use beautiful photos and have an attractive title.
- Create better content and use appropriate tags.
Most of my time spent on internet is used reading other blogs. I love to read about food, recipes, photography, travelling, sports, health, etc. I appreciate with a like or a comment if I like something in that post: a photo, a story, a presentation, a recipe, etc. But, the most important thing is helping other bloggers. I am so happy when people tell me that I really helped them with a post and they are happy they found my blog. That means that I manage to help someone.