You know the feeling when you watch a movie about food or with people eating amazing food? I would like to have this feeling all day long because I love this feeling. I am always making something to eat when I am about to see food movies. They are a an amazing source of inspiration for all of us.
I have some movies that I love to watch, even more than once.
- Ratatouille – “Anyone can cook” is what makes me go in the kitchen. Don’t think that I want to be a great chef and have my own restaurant. No. I just want to cook healthy, unique plates and take photos of them. J
- The Hundred-Foot Journey – I love Helen Mirren. The combination of Indian food (I got lucky once and tried it) and French cuisine is amazing. Something different, which makes me go in the kitchen and start cooking.
- Big night (1996) – The idea that a great chef is not gone squander his talent on making the routine dishes that customers expect is what cooking is about. When you are great you need to be great all the time. Timpano – A huge, round “drum” of pasta, filled with even more pasta, meatballs, sausage, pork shank, and hard-boiled eggs. I would love to be at that table once a month. J
- A good year – Yummy!! Russell Crowe yummy! J This is more about wine that cooking. But amazing landscapes plus love the old mansion. I imagine were to shoot and what shoot.
- Julie & Julia – Meryl Streep’s acting is, of course, superb. Amy Adams is also wonderfu The idea of cooking so many recipes in a year from a book is challenging.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – I always have chocolate with me when I see this movie.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding – Makes me go to Greece and eat as much as I can.
- Burnt – I love the speed and the stress in that kitchen. I don’t think I could do it, but I imagine being there.
- Feed the beast – There are so many scenes with food that makes me go in the kitchen and mix something up. Just look in the fridge and combine the ingredients you have and hope for something good.
I have a long list to go, but so far I can tell you that I was not so impressed with Sideways. Maybe if I knew more about wine, it will be better.
I can add here some recipes:
- Lady and the tramp – Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Bridget Jones’s Diary – Potato Leek Soup
- Waitress – Chocolate – Caramel Cream Pie
- Goodfellas – Meat sauce
- When Harry Met Sally – Apple Pie
- Casablanca – Champagne Cocktail
So inspiration is everywhere. You just need to find it. Hope you liked my list. I have still a lot of movies to see, but till next time let me know which one you liked and which one to see.
Update: After I wrote this post I felt inspired and went in the kitchen and made spaghetti Carbonara.