My morning power in the spring is greens. I leave the cereal for other days and start my morning with something green: smoothie, pesto, pie, etc.
So here is this morning plate:
- 1 egg from my neighbor’s chicken
- 1 slice of breads with seeds
- 3-4 table spoons of light green pesto
If you wonder what a light green pesto is here are the ingredients:
- 1 hand fresh spinach
- 3 hands wild green garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
Mix everything in a blender and you have a light pesto. I keep it in the fridge for a few days. I love to eat it spread on a slide of bread, or on top of everything.
As long as I have fresh wild garlic and spinach I am in heaven.
I go in the forest to get the wild green garlic and nettles. I am making pies, smoothies and of course light pesto.